The Blues A 125 Years Photographic History of Tullamore GAA Club 1888 – 2013
Only 1 left in stock
The Blues A 125 years photographic history of Tullamore GAA Club 1888 – 2013.
Tullamore GAA Club was founded on 26 May 1888 and won its first title in 1890 when it defeated Banagher in the final of the Offaly Championships (football). Its club colours were initially red and green, but inspired by the 1916 Rising, the club changed its colours to green, white and gold in 1917. In the early 1920s, Tullamore gave the county team the right to wear the tricolour as the county colours and adopted the blue and white colours which are still used today.
Having played in rented fields at Church Road, and then Tinnycross, the club acquired land at Ballyduff Park in the 1910s. In 1932, it developed a site on the Arden Road and in 1934, O’Connor Park was opened. Following the decision in 2001 to let Offlay County Board lease O’Connor Park, O’Brien Park was developed for use by Tullamore GAA Club.
O’Brien Park, Arden Road, Tullamore.
O’Connor Park, Arden Road, Tullamore.
|Dimensions||30.9 × 21.4 × 2 cm|
|Place of Publication|