- This event has passed.
Offaly Historical and Archaeological Society AGM
January 28, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Introduction President Helen Bracken
1. Minute of the last AGM
2. Secretary’s Report – Michael Byrne
3. Treasurer’s Report of Society, Charles Finlay
4. Community Employment Scheme Report Lisa Shortall
5. Election of committee for 2019 – 14 places excluding President.
6. Offaly Archives Service – report from President and Lisa Shortall on the progress of the works.
7. The 50th anniversary of the Society – a cause for celebration.
The Society was founded in 1969 and built on the first society founded in 1937-8. We salute all the previous officers and committees including former presidents and those who inspired us over the years – James Rogers, John Sweeney, Patrick Martin, Jack Clune, Monsignor Clarke, Canon Lamb, Fr Conor McGreevy, Bro. Raphael, Darrell Hooper, Stephen McNeill and more. So come along and support us. If you would like to help on the committee or have suggestions please let us know per email or letter, or speak to a committee member.
This will be followed by a lecture at 8.30 p.m. on ‘The story of the Tullamore Harriers Club, 1953-2018’ by Kevin Corrigan, author of the history of the club published in November 2018.